Patrick J. Murphy joined the Firm in 1999 and is a Shareholder and Director. He earned his undergraduate degree from Kansas State University in 1990 and received his law degree from The University of Kansas School of Law in 1993. He is licensed to practice law in Kansas. Mr. Murphys practice focus is on civil litigation with an emphasis on automobile, premises liability, construction law, and medical professional liability.
- Birthplace: Great Bend, Kansas
- Juris Doctor, The University of Kansas School of Law, 1993
- Bachelor of Science, Kansas State University, 1990
- Wallace, Saunders, Austin, Brown & Enochs, Chartered
- Attorney, 1999 - Present
- Shareholder and Director, 2003 - Present
- Member, Litigation Practice Group
- Kansas Bar Association
- Litigation Section, 1993 - Present
- Insurance Section
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Board of Directors, 2007 - Present
- Member, 2002 - Present
- Chair, Trial Skills Workshop, 2010-2011
- Wichita Bar Association
- Graduate of 2001 International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, 2002 - Present
- Member, Trucking Committee
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed to practice in Kansas; admitted to practice in the trial and appellate courts of Kansas; the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas; and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- His practice focus is on civil litigation with an emphasis on automobile, premises liability, construction law, and medical professional liability
RECENT VERDICTS AND APPELLATE DECISIONS
- October, 2011 - Defense verdict in Sumner County, Kansas in personal injury suit for spinal fractures resulting from an ATV accident.
- August, 2011 - Jury verdict upheld in Kansas Court of Appeals for breach of contract in favor of client from the country of Gabon.
- July, 2011 - Motion for Summary Judgment, Federal Court, District of Kansas, in fire claim for fire destroying semi-tractor.
- January, 2010 - Defense verdict in Harper County, Kansas in personal injury suit for neck surgery resulting from automobile accident. Medical expenses awarded. $0.00 for pain and suffering.
- May, 2009 - Favorable verdict in Sedgwick County, Kansas in personal injury suit for multiple injuries resulting from construction accident.
- April, 2005 - Defense verdict in Sedgwick County, Kansas in personal injury suit for fractured leg resulting from slip and fall on ice.
- July, 2004 - Defense verdict in Federal Court, District of Kansas, in personal injury suit for basal ganglia hemorrhage of brain resulting from slip and fall on ice.
CONTACT PATRICK MURPHY